Added the option to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for both Master administrator accounts and Portal user accounts.
- 2FA can be used with any compatible authenticator such as Google Authenticator or Authy.
- To enable 2FA for your own admin account: [ master GUI > top menu > user icon > preferences ]
- If required, 2FA can be disabled for administrative accounts from the command line using the mb-reset command.
- 2FA can be disabled for other administrator accounts: [ master GUI > top menu > cluster > administrators ]
- Portal users can enable 2FA for their own accounts: [ portal GUI > top menu > user icon > preferences ]
- 2FA can be required for all Portal users: [ master GUI > top menu > portal > global settings ]
- If 2FA is required for all Portal users, new and existing users will automatically be prompted to setup 2FA at the next user login.
- 2FA cannot be setup by an administrator during account creation, but the administrator can view the Portal user's authenticator token in the Master GUI when editing the Portal user's account. (After the Portal user has setup 2FA for the first time.)
- 2FA can be disabled for Portal user accounts: [ master GUI > top menu > portal > portal users ] but will have no impact if 2FA is required under the Portal global settings.
- The reCaptcha will still work and can be used with 2FA enabled.
How to Upgrade
Run the following commands as the root user:
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
This upgrade is supported, but is not required. You may continue to run Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.
This upgrade can easily take an hour on a fast connection. Plan accordingly.
To upgrade from Ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04:
- First, upgrade to the latest version of Mailborder as shown above.
- Take a snapshot or full backup of some kind.
- Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and change the bionic reference to focal for the Mailborder repository. (deb.mailborder.com) Do this after upgrading to the latest version of Mailborder and before running the next step.
- Run as root: do-release-upgrade --allow-third-party
- If you need or want help, contact Mailborder support.
2 April 2022